Learn about the history of 3D printing.
Date of release:2019-01-12 Author:LINGRUI Click:
In the past 40 years, 3D printing technology has developed rapidly. In the 1980s, this technology was only used in industrial manufacturing, but now it can be seen in various fields. More and more established technology companies and startups are investing in 3D printing, bringing a steady stream of technological breakthroughs. Compared with traditional processes, 3D printing has much less impact on the environment and maximizes material utilization, especially the birth of CLIP technology (continuous liquid interface printing technology), which not only greatly speeds up the manufacturing process, but also 3D printing. The advantages of technology saving materials are further reflected.
Because it is widely used in model building in product development, 3D printing has been classified as rapid prototyping technology. In industrial manufacturing, the first to be widely used is the SL (stereo forming) technology - using lasers to create prototypes. The developer of this technology is Charles Hull, the co-founder of 3D Systems today. Shortly after the emergence of SL, competitors have introduced more high-precision 3D printing technology. From digital light processing to electron beam melting, every new technology is driving the pace of 3D printing.
In addition to industrial applications, there is another 3D printing processing technology popular in the global maker's agenda life, which is FDM (melt deposition molding). Due to the low cost of related equipment and considerable open source, FDM 3D printers are very popular in the consumer market. What you may not know is that the inventor of the technology is Scott Crump, the president of Stratasys today.
The CLIP technology mentioned at the beginning of this article is also a significant advancement. Unlike solid resins and wires, the raw material used in CLIP processing is a liquid polymer, which is then solidified during printing by UV light and oxygen. Unlike traditional 3D printing layers, CLIP's special processing is 25 to 100 times that of previous 3D printing methods. The developer of the technology is Joseph DeSimone, and similarly, he is the founder and CEO of Carbon 3D, a US startup 3D printing company.
In addition to the several major 3D printing methods mentioned above, there are many groundbreaking technologies that are preparing to enter the market. They have their own advantages, some for printing speed, some for precision, and others. Compatibility with printed materials.
The address of this article:http://leaderapid.com/news/406.html
- Xiaobian gives you an idea of what the 3D printer service is like.
- Analyze the development trend of metal 3D printing technology
- 3D printing service small door model and hot bed board attachment problem solving
- Explain how to reduce defects in plastic hand-made processing
- Plastic hand-made plate can be divided into three types according to the different types of casting system.
- Explain how plastic hand making works.
- Talk about some advantages of CNC machining when making aluminum alloy hand-made plate processing factory
- Tell you about the impact of programming your opponents board during the production of automotive plastic panels
- To what extent will 3D batch printing redefine manufacturing in the future?
- 3D printing service nozzle plug problem solving tutorial